This post may contain affiliate links. Commissions we earn from partner links on this page do not affect our opinions or evaluations. Our editorial content is based on thorough research and guidance from the editorial team.
Light Weight Affordable SUP For Beginners
If you are looking for an entry level inflatable paddle board that weights as little as possible, at an absolutely rock bottom price, the Feath-R-Lite is a fantastic choice that will get you on the water quickly and easily for about as little money as possible.
Editor’s Recomendation: BUY for lightweight, affordable board.
Feath-R-Lite Paddle Board Review Summary
If you are looking for a very light weight inflatable paddle board at an extremely low price – the Feath-R-Lite should be at the top of your list. The 10 foot length with 30 inch width puts it in the classic All Around paddle board design.
It has everything a first time or novice paddle boarder needs to get paddling without sinking your bank account. It really is a starter board with a simple but easy to paddle design – with no frills to upgrades.
If you are looking to get into the sport for a minimal amount of money and board weight matters – this is your board.
Is The Feath-R-Lite A Good SUP?
The Feath-R-Lite is a great paddle board for what it was designed for. Specifically it’s a very good choice for people looking to buy a very lightweight, all around paddleboard for an average to small sized paddler at a very affordable price.
Correct Sizing For The Feath-R-Lite
It is important to keep in mind that with a 30″ width, this board is a bit narrower than many other all around paddle boards. So if stability and width are primary concerns this may not be the best paddle board. If you want more stability and want to stick to exactly 10′ in length you should look into the ROC iSUP. Otherwise the Funwater Tiki is a great 10’6″ long board that is 33″ wide or the Aksport 10’6″ X 32″ wide SUP is another great affordable & light weight paddle board option. You can also check out our complete 10′ SUPs for under $500 guide.
Feather Lite 10′ Price And Value
At less than $250 dollars for a solid, inflatable paddle board and all the basics you need to get paddling it’s pretty hard to beat the low cost and value of the Feath-R-Lite paddle board. If you are a beginning paddler looking for your first board or a gift for someone looking to try out paddling – this is about as cheap a board as you can find that still has solid quality.
The superb, low weight of this board also makes it a great choice for smaller paddlers who want something easy to carry and paddle that won’t make their life difficult.
Feath-R-Lite SUP Full Product Details
The extra lightweight inflatable board is a great setup for easy use for beginners and paddling. It has a comfortable non-slip deck that covers about 1/2s of the board so you can comfortably stand where you want when paddling. The front 1/3 of the board is covered with a set of bungee cords to hold down any other accessories you may have and some free space right at the bow just in case you have any small wave or chop.
The carrying handle and the extremely low weight of this board (only about 17 LBS) make it easy to carry down to the water or pull onto a beach whenever you need.
The paddle is a fairly standard 3 piece adjustable, aluminum paddle with a nice comfortable grip for your top hand. There are some mixed reviews on whether this paddle floats or not. Some customers say yet, while others “no”. Based on our comparative research though, we think that given a few minutes to fill with water – we expect this paddle will sink if not grabbed quickly!
The Backpack & Pump
In addition to the board and paddle, this kit also comes with a backpack / storage bag and the inflation pump you will need to get it inflated. Fully inflating this board will usually take about 10 minutes based on how fast you pump and what final pressure you want. 12 PSI is the minimum and can be ok for smaller / lighter paddlers but the full 15 PSI is recommended for the firmest board.
The backpack is functional, but fairly bare bones. It can be a bit uncomfortable for a long carry, but the counter point is just how incredibly light weight this board is that prevents the need from truly padded straps.
How is the Feath-R-Lite board lighter than other boards? In their construction, they use a 2 layer PVC build compared to many other boards that use a 3 layer construction. This saves weight. In order to help keep the board still rigid, their construction methods use the 3rd layer around the board rails.
For durability, this board should be about average. If you are generally good to your gear, it can handle a few scrapes on some rocks or gets beached on the sand – but won’t offer the same lifetime durability as a 3 ply board. If you tend to be a little harder on your gear and need something more durable, we’d consider looking for something with a 3 ply PVC design.
Quick Product Specs & Dimensions
|Paddle Board||Length||Width||Height||Board Weight||Capacity|
|Feath-R-Lite 10′ Inflatable SUP||10′||30″||6″||16.7 lbs||220 lbs|
What Comes With the Feath-R-Lite Paddle Board?
The quick snapshot of the Feath-R-Lite inflatable stand up board package is that it includes everything you need to get paddling out on the water on your first day with your new board – except for a life jacket. We like that they include everything you need as it makes this package a contender since so many boards are all inclusive these days.
- 10 Foot long inflatable paddle board
- 3 piece easily adjustable paddle
- Carry backpack
- 3 Fins (1 Removable fin)
- Ankle leash
- Repair kit
- Waterproof phone store bag
Consumer Ratings By Feature
Overall Customer Rating: ★★★★★ 4.6 Of 5.0 Rating with 740+ Reviews
- Light Weight: ★★★★★ 4.7 Rating
- Durability: ★★★★☆ 4.5 Rating
- Maneuverability: ★★★★☆ 4.5 Rating
- Value For Money: ★★★★☆ 4.5 Rating
- Sturdiness: ★★★★☆ 4.4 Rating
- Easy to inflate: ★★★★☆ 4.3 Rating
Feath-R-Lite 10 Foot Inflatable SUP Pros & Cons
If there is just one section of this review of the Feath-R-Lite SUP that you have time to read, we’d recommend our pros and cons analysis here. You’ll get the benefits of both our analysis of the board plus our analysis of hundreds of real consumer reviews and questions. We’ll give you the real deal about the strengths of this board and the honest weaknesses.
Pros of the Feath-R-Lite
After reviewing all of the customer reviews and comments available online, the most positive aspects of this board quickly become apparent.
- Very Low Price & Good Value: This is one of the least expensive inflatable paddle boards you can find on the market with a price for the Feath-R-Life for about $250. Considering you get all the accessories this is a great deal.
- Extra Light Weight: At less than 17 LBS this is one of the lightest all around paddle boards you can find. This low SUP weight makes it very easy to carry around to the water and it packs down small and stores easily in it’s back pack. This is a great way to get paddling without getting sore shoulders from lugging it to the beach.
- Fun & Easy To Paddle: Customers spoke very highly of how much fun they had on the board. It offered good stability and flotation for people just getting their sea legs and learning how to paddle.
Cons of the Feath-R-Lite Paddle Board
After reviewing all of the negative and bad customer reviews on the Feath-R-Lite we found that they into a few categories of complaints outlined below. It’s important to note that about 4% of the total reviews were in the negative range of 1 and 2 stars.
We consider having less than 5% of reviews in the negative category is acceptable – particularly for a low priced SUP like this Feath-R-Lite board.
- Pump Defects: A few customers mentioned the pump did not work or the dial pressure gauge was broken on arrival. This can happen with value-priced products like the Feath-R-Lite (and honestly sometimes on higher-end boards too) and should be fixed by the manufacturer if you contact them.
- Deck Padding Loose: A few reviewers mentioned that after a few uses some of the deck padding began to come loose around the edges.
- Seam / Valve Defects: Some people mentioned air leaks from the valve or seam after a few uses. Again, this should NOT happen – but does occasionally with less expensive paddle boards. It seems to be a very small portion of the boards sold.
- Sizing: A number of customers who self-reported as larger paddlers over 6 feet tall and weighing more than 200 LBS said they struggled with stability on this board. We would recommend that paddlers over 6 feet and 200 LBS consider getting a wider board for more stability and flotation.
- Lost Or Broken Fins: A handful of reviewers mentioned that the fins fell out during use and were lost. There is a chance this was a manufacturing defect – but also a chance they were not installed correctly. We would recommend double checking that the fins are properly snapped in place before going out on the water.
Feath-R-Lite Price: Here’s How To Get Your’s Cheap
So you are pretty interested in getting the Feath-R-Lite, but where can you go to get the lowest price possible on the 10 foot paddle board?
We highly recommend purchasing your Feath-R-Lite from Amazon because they have some of the lowest prices we have seen on the board, plus they offer good customer protections and fast free shipping.
Feath-R-Lite iSUP Uses / Who Is It Good For?
This paddle board is a great choice for people looking for extremely light board at an extremely low price. It doesn’t get much lighter than the 17 LBS or much cheaper than the roughly $250 price.
It’s dimensions make it a good cruiser paddle board for a few hours of fun on the water for beginner to intermediate paddlers who are less than 6 feet tall and under 200 LBS. It’s a good choice for:
- Calm rivers
- Calm bays or protected ocean
We wouldn’t recommend it for use anywhere with larger waves or choppy turbulence due to it’s fairly narrow width and lower end volume and flotation specs.
Perfect SUP For
- Paddlers looking to spend under $300,
- Looking for a very lightweight, all around paddle board,
- Who are less than 200 LBS and under 6 feet tall
If you are looking for a light weight, all around SUP for a small to average sized paddler at a very low price – the Feath-R-Lite SUP gets a BUY rating from iSUPReviews.
Feath R Lite iSUP Warranty
Feath-R-Lite offes a comprehensive “No Risk Return” policy within 30 days + a 60 day guarantee. Additionally they have a 1 year manufacturer warranty if there are any manufacturing defects that cause problems after your initial 30 / 60 coverage with this board.
Additionally, if you decide to purchase your board from Amazon – you will have the added consumer protection of Amazon’s standard return policies.
Review Conclusion: Great Affordable Lightweight Board For Casual Use
Whether a paddle board makes you happy is all about the use case, person paddling and expectations. If you are on a budget or just want to keep some money in your pocket for other adventures – but want a basic, light weight paddle board – the Feath-R-Lite is a good option.
The caveat is that we recommend this board for smaller paddlers. Due to it’s size and construction, reviewers over 6′ tall and weighing more than 170 – 200 LBS have commented about having trouble balancing and staying on this board.
Feath-R-Lite Paddle Board FAQs
When deflated and packed in it’s bag it’s about 12 inches x 12 inches by about 36 inches tall.
We have seen mixed data on this. Some customers reported that it floats, while others reported having it sink. Given that data, plus the fact that it’s an aluminum paddle, it’s very likely that it will float for a short period of time if there is air in the hollow tube. But once it fills with water, it will sink.
The max recommended inflation pressure for the Feath-R-Lite is 15 PSI. This will get you the most rigid performance.
The Feath-R-Lite paddle board comes in 4 color choices: Black, Blue, Pink and White.
It isn’t specifically mentioned in the manufacturer details, but multiple customers have reviewed the board and said it worked well with their dogs.